Located in the heart of Surrey, England, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, commonly known as Chessington, is a unique blend of theme park, zoo, and hotel complex. This family-friendly attraction in Chessington is a perfect destination for those seeking a thrilling adventure and a memorable wildlife experience. With a rich history, a wide range of Chessington rides, and an array of Chessington offers, this resort guarantees an unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages.
History of Chessington World of Adventures
The history of Chessington World of Adventures dates back to 1931 when it was initially opened as Chessington Zoo. Over the years, it has evolved into a full-fledged theme park Chessington, with the addition of various rides and attractions. Today, it stands as one of the UK’s leading theme parks and zoos, attracting millions of visitors every year.
Attractions at Chessington Resort
Chessington World of Adventures is home to over 40 rides and attractions, spread across ten themed lands, each with its unique appeal. Some of the must-visit attractions include:
- The Vampire: A thrilling suspended roller coaster ride.
- Gruffalo River Ride Adventure: A magical riverboat journey through the deep dark wood.
- Zufari: An exciting off-road safari adventure.
- Sea Life Centre: An underwater journey featuring over 1000 sea creatures.
Besides the rides, the Chessington Zoo is another major attraction, housing over 1000 exotic animals, including tigers, gorillas, penguins, and sea lions.
For those planning an extended stay, Chessington offers two themed hotels – the Chessington Safari Hotel and the Chessington Azteca Hotel. Both hotels provide comfortable accommodation with themed rooms, restaurants, and exclusive benefits like early ride time and access to animal meet and greets.
Admission and Chessington Tickets
Admission to Chessington World of Adventures requires tickets, which can be purchased online or at the gate. The Chessington tickets include access to the theme park, zoo, and Sea Life Centre. It’s advisable to book tickets in advance, especially during peak season, to avoid long queues. There are also various Chessington offers available, including annual passes, group discounts, and online exclusive deals.
Tips for Tourists
- Plan your visit: With so much to see and do, it’s advisable to plan your visit in advance. Check the park map and schedule to make the most of your day.
- Arrive early: The park can get crowded, especially during weekends and school holidays. Arriving early can help you beat the crowds and enjoy the rides without long waits.
- Stay hydrated: Carry a water bottle and stay hydrated, especially during the summer months.
- Check height restrictions: Some rides have height restrictions, so check these before queueing.
Chessington World of Adventures is open from March to November, with opening times varying throughout the year. The resort is easily accessible by car, with ample parking available. Public transport options include trains and buses, with Chessington South station being the nearest train station. There are also plenty of dining options available within the resort, catering to various dietary requirements.
In conclusion, whether you’re a thrill-seeker, an animal lover, or simply looking for a fun-filled family day out, Chessington World of Adventures Resort has something for everyone. So why wait? Start planning your Chessington adventure today!