How to translate documents for your UK Visa application

Advice & Resources

When you make a UK visa application you will need to submit a translated version of any documents that are not written in English.

For example:

  • birth certificate
  • bank statement
  • marriage certificate

You must submit these translated documents along with the original documents.

The translated documents must be:

  • Made by a professional translator or translation company
  • Include confirmation by the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • Include details of the translator or translation company credentials
  • Include the translators full name and signature or the full name and signature of an authorised official of the translation company

If any of the requirements are not met, then you will have to get the documents translated again.

Your visa application could be refused if the translated documents you submit do not meet these requirements.

Josh Lindsey
Josh Lindsey

Immigration lawyer with more than 20 years of consulting experience

Rate author
VisaHelpUK - UK Immigration and Visa Application Advice Service
Add a comment

  1. Avatar photo
    K D

    Thank you so much!